Take me out to the ballgame! For sports fans, the advent of Spring means one thing: baseball season. With Opening Day on the horizon, it’s time to start thinking about the best place to enjoy the season commencement in style.
If you’re looking for the perfect spot to enjoy baseball with your friends, consider The Still in Las Vegas. With big screens, great food and drink, and an awesome ambiance, it’s not hard to see why we call our establishment the “ultimate man cave”. Here, we’ll tell you some of the top reasons why The Still should be your Opening Day sports bar headquarters!
What is Opening Day? Well, that’s easy. Opening Day is the day on which the professional baseball league season commences. This year, Opening Day is coming up on Thursday, March 29!
Why The Still is the perfect spot for Opening Day
1. We’ve got the games. At The Still, we’re reverent to sports of all sorts. Within our immense 8,000 square foot space, we’ve always got a game going on. This means that on Opening Day, you’re guaranteed to be surrounded by the action! Of course, our TVs aren’t just for baseball: throughout the year, you’ll see basketball, football, and other sports featured throughout the space.
2. Big screens. About those big screens…we’re not talking about one massive screen above the bar and nothing else. At The Still, we don’t do anything halfway, and that includes our big screens! Throughout the space we have no less than 27 big screens, so no matter where you’re seated, you’ll have a front row view.
3. A great beer menu. Beer and baseball are like peanut butter and jelly or mac and cheese: a thoroughly perfect combination. At The Still, we have plenty of beer options to titillate your taste buds and make the game more enjoyable.
From our center bar, we serve over 50 types of craft beer, either offered on draft, or by the bottle or can. Rest assured that no matter what type of beer you like best, there’s an option that will suit you on our menu. On our website you’ll find our well curated list of draft beers. You’ll also find a curated list of our bottles and cans, organized by beer style, including styles that are light and easy; fresh and hoppy; malty and balanced; rich, strong, and flavorful; additionally, we have wheat beers as cider, low ABV, and gluten free options.
4. Cocktails and wine, too! While many sports fans love the combination of beer and baseball, it’s not everyone’s bag. And that’s just fine at The Still, because beer is only part of our bar offerings. We also offer an extensive cocktail and wine menu, as well. And unlike many sports bars, the other offerings don’t feel like an afterthought.
If you’re a Margarita fan, you’ll love our El Presidente Margarita, which includes Casamigos Blanco tequila, lime, agave, and Grand Marnier. If you need more of a pick-me-up, consider our Raging Bull, made with Grey Goose vodka, tropical citrus juice blend, and Red Bull Orange Edition. If you want to feel loose and easy, you’ll love the Southern Swag cocktail, made with Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey, dry curacao, lemon, and Scrappy’s Orange Bitters. We also have a variety of creative Mule cocktails, beer-infused “Hop-Tails”, and more.
Wine-wise, we have a great selection of red, white, and sparkling options which make for great drinking and can pair well with our creative menu options.
(Source: The Still Facebook page)
5. Not your average game day grub. Now that we’ve talked drinks, let’s bring the focus to the food. When it comes to baseball fare, many think of shoddy stadium nachos or curly fries, or sub-par burgers. At The Still, our game day fare is a cut above.
We have food options that will suit any appetite. Perhaps you’re just in the mood for beer and apps. In that case, we have you covered: our appetizer menu includes Chips and Salsa, Guacamole, Crispy Style Chicken Wings, and healthy salad options. If you’re craving heartier fare, we offer a variety of soft and street style tacos, as well as meal-worthy specialties for all appetites. For a game day comfort food, you might opt for our Mini Cheese Burgers, which are served with toasted buns, lettuce, chopped onion, and Bud Bud’s Special Sauce. For lighter appetites or the more health-minded consumers, we offer options like our Tuna Poke Bowl with brown rice, mixed greens or combo, avocado, seaweed, and spicy aioli.
(Source: The Still Facebook page)
6. Two words: Bud Bud’s. In reading the above passage about food, you’ve probably gotten the idea that our food is far from ordinary. But there’s one thing you still might not know: it’s all prepared out of a most unusual kitchen.
The centerpiece of The Still is Bud Bud’s, a refurbished Airstream Trailer that actually acts as our working kitchen. You can see the chefs turning out our incredible cuisine from the trailer within the space! This post details more about our most unique kitchen.
With Opening Day nearly upon us, it’s the right time to start thinking about where you’ll enjoy the festivities. With the ambiance, big screens, amazing food and drink options, The Still is the perfect Sports Bar in Las Vegas to watch your favorite team. Let the games begin!